Vego Garden is one of the very few manufacturers who use Aluzinc Steel to manufacture raised beds.
Aluzinc steel is a super material compared with regular Galvanized Steel. Aluzinc is a coating material formed from a mixture of Aluminum (55%), Zinc (43.4%) and Silicon (1.6%). Durable and long-lasting, it provides superior performance and corrosion resistance under all environmental conditions.
Aluzinc steel is the perfect material for outdoor use . In Scandinavia, outdoor exposure tests have been in progress for almost 20 years. They’ve demonstrated the corrosion rate of Aluzinc is 3-7x lower than regular galvanized steel
- 3x longer in rural environments
- 4x longer in urban environments
- 4x longer in marine environments
- 7x longer in industrial environments
5 Benefits of Using Aluzinc Steel in Vego Raised Garden Beds
- Extreme Corrosion Resistance: Compared to wooden or plastic beds, Aluzinc is 7x more resistant to corrosion and rust, and 3-7x more resistant than regular galvanized steel. The corrosion rate (the thickness of the Aluzinc coating lost every year in normal environments) is a maximum of 20% of one micron (0.2 μm). Theoretically, the useful life of Aluzinc in normal environments is more than 100 years. In real life, Aluzinc has lasted more than 20 years in severe marine environments, though in the first year the coating loses up to 0.4 μm.
- Superior Heat Reflection: Aluzinc Steel has superior Albedo capacity. Albedo is another name for reflectivity, a measurement of how much light that hits a surface is reflected without being absorbed. Research shows that soil in galvanized steel stays at an optimal and more even temperature when compared with wooden, concrete and dark plastic beds, which soak up summer sun during the day and stay hot into the night. Research also shows that galvanized steel beds have extra benefits of improved fruit set rate, blush color and maturity.
- Incredibly High-Strength: The surface of Aluzinc is twice as hard as regular galvanized steel, and more than 5x harder than wood or plastic. With high wear resistance, Vego raised beds hold soil for decades without deforming.
- No Soil Contamination: While treated wood and plastic degraded under extreme temperatures, Aluzinc material will not leaches chemicals into plants or soil. This helps create the highest quality soil for organic gardening.
- 100% Green and Recycle Material: With a long useful life, Steel is an environmentally-friendly material made using a "green process." Not only is it 100% recyclable, steel is also the world’s most recycled material.