Frequently Asked Questions
Check most frequently asked questions here, if you still need help then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Product FAQ
Vego Garden kits feature innovative modular design, which means you can assemble a kit into various configurations. For example, in a 9-In-1 Kit, there are 9 possible configurations to fit your raised garden bed plans.
Most raised beds are less than 11", which isn't enough for healthy roots to grow - especially when you're gardening in a fresh area where soil quality is poor. Deeper soil means deeper roots and happier plants. Many root plants, such as carrots, need extra height for the root to stretch, so 17" is optimal. Higher beds also mean you will bend over less, saving your back.
We launched the 32" extra tall series for the first-class gardening experience. We call it stand-up gardening beds because you can enjoy hours of gardening pleasure without a sore back.
Vego Garden metal raised beds are made from Aluzinc coated steel, which we call Aluzinc steel for short. Aluzinc is a recyclable metallic coating formed from a mixture of Aluminum, Zinc and Silicon. Durable and long-lasting, it provides superior performance and corrosion resistance under different environmental conditions.
- Extreme Corrosion Resistance: Compared to wooden or plastic beds, Aluzinc is 7x more resistant to corrosion and rust, and 3-7x more resistant than regular galvanized steel. The corrosion rate (the thickness of the Aluzinc coating lost every year in normal environments) is a maximum of 20% of one micron (0.2 μm). Theoretically, the useful life of Aluzinc in normal environments is more than 100 years. In real life, Aluzinc has lasted more than 20 years in severe marine environments, though in the first year the coating loses up to 0.4 μm.
- Superior Heat Reflection: Aluzinc Steel has superior Albedo capacity. Albedo is another name for reflectivity, a measurement of how much light that hits a surface is reflected without being absorbed. Research shows that soil in galvanized steel stays at an optimal and more even temperature when compared with wooden, concrete and dark plastic beds, which soak up summer sun during the day and stay hot into the night. Research also shows that galvanized steel beds have extra benefits of improved fruit set rate, blush color and maturity.
- Incredibly High-Strength: The surface of Aluzinc is twice as hard as regular galvanized steel, and more than 5x harder than wood or plastic. With high wear resistance, Vego raised beds hold soil for decades without deforming.
- No Soil Contamination: While treated wood and plastic degraded under extreme temperatures, Aluzinc material will not leach chemicals into plants or soil. This helps create the highest quality soil for organic gardening.
- 100% Green and Recycle Material: With a long useful life, Steel is an environmentally-friendly material made using a "green process." Not only is it 100% recyclable, steel is also the world’s most recycled material.
Definitely not. Vego is made from Aluzinc coated steel, which has superior Albedo capacity. Albedo is another name for reflectivity, a measurement of how much light that hits a surface is reflected without being absorbed. Research shows that soil in galvanized steel stays at an optimal and more even temperature when compared with wooden, concrete, and dark plastic beds, which soak up summer sun during the day and stay hot into the night. Research also shows that galvanized steel beds have extra benefits of improved fruit set rate, blush color and maturity.
Before Vego released Aluzinc Steel Raised Beds, our friends in Australia have used it in gardening for over 100 years. In fact, it's the most popular raised bed material on the market.
Yes, absolutely. Vego Raised Beds are made from galvanized steel with an Aluzinc coating, which lasts for decades in extreme conditions. All materials used are 100% recyclable and manufactured by a “green process.” It requires very high acidity to break down Aluzinc coating, and most garden soils are neutral, so there is little to no impact. Additionally, the metal materials are naturally found in soil, enhancing soil health.
Similar material has been widely used in water tanks, and Aluzinc steel is the most popular garden bed material in Australia.
Vego uses extra strength Aluzinc coated steel sheet in 0.6 mm thick. Different brands have different ways to define the gauge of thickness, please always ask them about the actual thickness before you make your purchase. This heavy-duty material is strong enough to hold soil for decades and has a lifespan 7x longer than wooden or plastic beds.
Vego is probably the safest garden raised bed on the market. It features an oval shape instead of the standard rectangular design to eliminate any sharp corners. Everything is smooth and safe. The top edges are rolled over, and we also include safety rubber strips for added security.
The safety edging cover is a soft trim we provide for the top edge of our raised beds. It's a durable material that covers any exposed steel edges, eliminating safety hazards. Yes, you will need to install it. After your Vego raised bed is assembled, simply push the safety rubber edge onto the top edge.
Each kit offers various possible configurations, and we further extend the possibilities with our extension kit. The Extension kit has panels, rods, and hardware to build extra long garden beds.
Unfortunately, due to the complexity of extra tall beds, the easiest way to extend them is to purchase multiple sets, as we don't have pre-made extension kits for Extra Tall beds.
Order & Shipping
The estimated fulfillment date is listed on the product page, please only place your pre-order if you are OK with the waiting time. Your order confirmation email will also have the fulfillment date.
The restock time will be listed on the product page. If you cannot find such info, please contact our customer support.
Yes, we do. We can ship to these addresses with extra shipping cost, which will be automatically calculated at your checkout for Canadian addresses. For Alaska and Hawaii, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com with your address and the details of your order (quantity, type, and color of beds) and they can provide you with a quote!
If you are inquiring about a large order (more than 10 beds), please contact Customer Service with your address and the details of your order (quantity, type, and color of beds). We can provide you with a shipping quote.
Assembling the beds is as simple as tightening up the bolts. Please pick your configuration and assemble your beds using the hand wrench included in the kit. There is no cutting or drilling required.
You can put your Vego Raised Beds on any surface, including the grass, soil, concrete, pavers, or tiles. It is most recommended to place your Vego bed on top of grass or soil.
The only drawback is the soil will stain the floor. You can line the bottom of your garden bed with landscaping fabric to help keep the soil from seeping out, if you can only place your bed on concrete.
We are working 7 days a week to take care of customers’ needs. Depending on our workload, most emails will be replied within 12 hours and some complicated issues will take 24 hours.
We do not have a large enough team to take care of incoming customer calls right now. If something has to be addressed over the phone, we're happy to schedule a call. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your phone number, a brief description of your issue, and days & time slot you can be reached over the next 1-2 business days from when you send the email. We will reach out to you as soon as possible.