How do you prioritize sustainability in your gardening practices?
- Using long-lasting gardening materials
- Composting kitchen scraps and garden debris for soil enrichment
- Repurposing items for gardening purposes
What are your top tips for creating a sustainable garden?
Top Tips for Creating a Sustainable Garden:
- Embrace composting and waste reduction
- Maximize garden harvests by utilizing all parts of the produce
- Share excess produce with others in need
What inspired you to use Vego Garden raised beds for your garden?
Inspiration for Using Vego Garden Raised Beds:
- Admiration for the durability and aesthetics of Vego Garden raised beds
- Modular and easy-to-assemble design without the need for tools
- Ensuring no harmful chemical leaching into the soil
Share some specific tips and plant recommendations for your USDA hardiness zone
Tips and Plant Recommendations for USDA Hardiness Zone 7:
- Start seeds indoors for better control of growing conditions
- Use season extenders to prolong the garden harvest
- Choose plant varieties suitable for the zone's light and maturity requirements
How do you incorporate sustainable materials into your raised bed gardening setup?
Incorporating Sustainable Materials:
- Choosing durable materials that last longer
- Reusing items whenever possible
- Using homemade compost and built soil through composting in place
Have you implemented any eco-friendly pest control methods in your gardening? If so, what are they?
Implementing Eco-Friendly Pest Control:
- Attracting beneficial insects with herbs and flowering plants
- Practicing companion planting and avoiding monocropping
- Observing and hand-picking pests, utilizing barriers when necessary
How do you promote biodiversity in your garden and create a thriving ecosystem?
Promoting Biodiversity and Thriving Ecosystems:
- Providing habitat, food, and water for pollinators
- Growing annual and perennial flowers to feed pollinators and beneficial insects
- Letting some herbs and vegetables flower to support insect food sources
Lannie Armstrong's Story & Advice
With these words, Lannie encapsulates the heart and soul she pours into her garden, transforming it into a living testament to her devotion. For Lannie, gardening is more than a hobby; it's a way of life that requires nurturing, patience, and a deep connection with the earth.
Join us in celebrating Lannie's journey and her invaluable contributions to the world of gardening. Take a stroll through her garden and let her words and experiences inspire your gardening adventures.